Monday, October 03, 2005

Travel!!!

It is one of my greatest passions in life. To travel and to travel every chance I get.
Traveling is one of the many ways to understand the world. Five years ago I traveled thousands of miles to come to the United States. Ever since there has been no looking back. Amidst my busy schedule at school and other commitments in life, I traveled. Traveling gave me a lot of experience about a lot of things. Most of all I never run out of what to talk. I have so much to say about the things I have seen, places I have visited, people I have met that I can talk to a stranger and keep him/her engrossed for hours.

I believe in one thing, atleast once a year, go some place you have never been before. Knowingly or unknowingly I have done that. And it is a privilege to have done so. I am ever so thankful to the groups of friends who have been part of such amazing trips over the last few years.


Yes, its true that travel involves money, and that is not easy. But in one such conversation, someone experienced told me, you have to do what you have to do and when you want to do. Cause one has to be lucky to have time, money, health all at the same time. She said, when u have time and health, you may not have enough money, when you have money and health, you may not have time, and when you have both time and money, health may part ways.

Most of all traveling has given the opportunity to get to know who my friends really are. Traveling gives me a lot of time to think, think about a lot of things in life. Its gives me the ambience to look at the world from a very different perspective. For me, traveling has been a form of education. Education that I believe enriches my life, education that I can share with anyone.

Travel and travel as much as you can. After covering about 29 states out of 50, my desire to travel has not come down. It’s always a win-win situation.

2 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Blogger Vivek said...

as someone said ... the journey is more important than the destination ... ppl who travel a lot are much more experienced cause they have seen the world - hindi main - "duniya dekhi hai" ... would be great if we are able to learn about different cultures ... would love to visit little known countries

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger SAL said...

When was in India, tried to cover most states. After coming here, due to better facilities & ease of commutation did many trips. And will continue travelling...
Many famous quotes that sound so very true are:

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
- Confucius

Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it.
- Eudora Welty

The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Augustine (354-430)

These are not just true for Travel...but indeed the inevitable truth about the longest journey "LIFE"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home